Thank you for choosing Kennebunk Veterinary Hospital. Our mission is to deliver the best veterinary care available. An important part of our success is making the cost of optimal care as easy to manage as possible.
Payment is expected when services are rendered. In order to focus on our patients' needs, customer service and minimize costs to you, we do not bill. Some care, including Plans of Care of more than $1,000, may require a 50% deposit before beginning treatment. We contract with specialists to provide some advanced care here at our hospital for your convenience. When we schedule those services, a referred specialist's fee may be required to begin your pet's treatment.
We believe transparency is key to earning your trust. We will provide you with Plans of Care that include the estimated cost for the care we recommend and let you know the potential outcomes of your various options. We trust you to make the best decisions you can for your pet and family.
We offer several payment options, and are happy to discuss them with you and answer any questions you may have. We Accept:
- Debit Cards with Visa and Mastercard logos
- Visa, Mastercard and Discover
- CareCredit (learn more)
All cards must be signed by the owner of the card. CareCredit requires we check ID when using the card. If you are sending someone else with your pet and want to use your card to pay, we have created a Payment Portal to make this easier.
Insurance For Your Pets
Another popular option is insurance coverage. Pet Insurance works differently than most Human Medical Insurance. If you're not familiar with the pet insurance model, we encourage you to ask questions.
We have chosen to work with Trupanion because we believe they have a solid reputation and, in our experience, don't dictate care. They also allow us to offer their Trupanion Express option--which means we can bill them directly, meaning you're only responsible for what they don't cover. Not having to come up with the total cost up front can mean a lot during a health crisis.
- CareCredit has recently changed some of their plan options and terms. If you use CareCredit, please give them a call at 1-866-893-7864 for updates on purchases under $200 before your next appointment.
- Kennebunk Veterinary Hospital charges $30 for returned checks
- Accounts sent to collections will be assessed collection fees
- You will be charged for appointments that are missed or cancelled late (multiple pet appointments can be more convenient and are more expensive to miss)
- For clients with pet insurance, we are happy to provide you with the necessary documentation to submit a claim to your insurance carrier
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We are here to provide the best veterinary care available for your pet.